Divorce and Separation for Enfield residents
Divorce Solicitors Enfield, London
The decision to end a relationship can be a life-changing event. At Townsend’s Family Law Solicitors, we understand what an unsettling and frightening time this can be. At such an emotionally charged time in your life, you will appreciate a local solicitor who can provide a sympathetic but professional service to support you through your legal and emotional journey.
If you’re considering applying for divorce, we’ve put together some guidance on what you need to prove in order to obtain a divorce and a breakdown of the grounds for divorce here. If it seems too early to consider such a move, let’s take a look at some other options we would be happy to discuss with you in more detail at this early stage:
- If you’re not ready to divorce but agree that a financial settlement would be wise, you could enter a legal contract known as a Separation Agreement, which makes provision for the sharing of capital, assets, and property, and to pay/receive child and/or spousal maintenance.
- Alternatively, you could choose to formalise your separation by applying for a Judicial Separation, which is similar to a divorce but the final decree is judicial rather than ‘absolute’ which dissolves the marriage.
To help you decide what is the best solution for you at this moment in time, get in touch today and we will guide you through the available options.
Your local family law firm
Over the past two decades, Townsend Family Law have increasingly been recognised and acknowledged by residents of Enfield, North London, for our professional service delivered with a personal touch.
“Professional and proactive service. I would recommend this practice to anyone in my situation.”
As specialist divorce solicitors we can help you to decide the best way to proceed to suit your particular needs and circumstances.
Our experience has taught us at Townsend’s that every relationship breakdown comes with a unique set of circumstances and its own complexities. That’s why we offer a bespoke, tailored service in the Enfield area. We guide our clients carefully through what can often appear to be a legal maze, offering simple explanations and clear guidance.
The key areas we can help you with include:
- Separation agreements for those couples who want to finalise a settlement but who are in no rush to divorce.
- Judicial Separation for couples who do not wish to formally end their marriage – perhaps for religious reasons.
- Divorce proceedings for those who accept that the marriage is over and wish to formalise the end of their marriage and after a settlement.
- Financial settlements where we help you settle assets such as savings, investments, property, pensions, and businesses.
- We can also support you to agree on child and spousal maintenance.
- Agreeing arrangements for your children such as which parent they should live with and which parent they should spend time with under a child arrangement order.
- Protecting you from domestic violence by helping you to obtain Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders.
Your first appointment
Your first “no-strings” consultation with one of our empathetic divorce solicitors serving Enfield is half price.
During this hour-long consultation, we will clearly explain the process, timescales, and costs from the start of proceedings and drafting your application (divorce petition) through to applying for a Decree Absolute.
If separation or divorce is on your mind, we appreciate that you’ll want to know exactly where you stand.
If you are thinking about separating and you are worried about where you stand, why not come and talk to a member of the family law team at Townsend’s. A one-hour consultation could put your mind at ease and give you the confidence to talk to your ex-partner about the next steps.
“Going through divorce was emotionally, financially, and logistically very tricky. Since the moment I met the team at Townsend, I felt supported and back in control of the situation. The team listened, reviewed options with me and were accessible whenever I needed to speak to someone for advice. I felt supported from the legal team to the financial team and the administration. I would thoroughly recommend Townsend Family Law.”
Maria, Waltham Cross
If you are considering applying for a divorce, please contact us by calling 01992 892 214 to arrange an appointment.